Hi everyone! This post could have meant specifically something for Mother’s Day. Most things in this post do actually imply that. Except that it’s not. 🙂 How about a little something for your mother every once in a while? Her children are her priorities, and so should be she for us. Most of us are caught up in the whirlwind of establishing our careers, doing every possible thing and dedicating a major part of our waking hours towards that. But what when we realize that our goals are no less important to our mothers as well? The realization is huge. They are pillars of strength on which we build our well-being and future. We want to achieve success to make her feel proud. We do understand her need of feeling happy too. And we want to show her love. But how often are we able to do that?
I am a daughter too and feel no different from you. But I do have few simple ideas to pamper the most special lady of our lives. You don’t need a special occasion to put these into practice. All you need is a little time and space. These are what you could do for her whenever you feel like! 🙂
- Take her out for a lunch or dinner – Busy all week? How about the evening? So a rigorous schedule takes up your evenings too. How about a Sunday? Take your mother out to a dine-out or even a luncheon at one of the best eateries in your city. You’d be surprised to see how beautifully she dresses up for a day out with you. 🙂 Order her favorite dishes, and relish your time together as you eat. Be her guide and sail her through different cuisines, you know best what your mum likes! She’d love the eat-out and cherish it. Oh and don’t forget to click a few memorable snaps. 😀
- Take her out for a movie – Well if your mum loves movies, this is something you can pretty easily do almost every month to say the least. Book your tickets in advance in one of the best movie theaters of your city. For an added onus, keep it as a surprise and tell her only the day before! Don’t forget to notice that flicker of happiness in her eyes. It’s priceless I tell you. 🙂 Else if your mom is a bibliophile, gift her books every month or as soon as there’s a new release in the genre that she prefers. Easy-peasy. 🙂
- Take her out on a shopping spree – There’s no woman that doesn’t love to shop, so there’s no better a gift than retail therapy. 😀 I know what you’re thinking. Moms being the cautious ones are reluctant to be spending on her child’s hard earned money. 😉 They are more concerned for our future and savings. But hey, just play a convincing game with her and work a way out to assure her. Believe me, every penny she spends that day will be worth it. Just take care that she exclusively buys for herself, and herself only. There are chances that she may even end up buying more for you and less for herself. 😛
- Gifts, and gifts galore – There should be no reason or occasion for a gift now, should it? 😉 With the booming e-commerce market, it’s easy for those who are too caught up at work, or even those who live in a different city from their parents’. Order up something you know that your mom would love, and send it across. Returning from work and something caught your fancy on the way? Buy it even if it’s just a vase and its make appeals to you, or you know your mom has been on the lookout for one. You can hardly measure her happiness when you hand it over to her. 🙂 She’d be just as happy as she’d be touched. Not sure what to gift? Buy a gift coupon and pass it on to her. Almost every major brand has options for gift vouchers these days. 🙂
- Cook for her – If your mom is the one who prepares your meals and does it on a daily basis, this will be a much-needed and welcome break for her. I’m not asking you to cook up like a pro or even like your mum, but do it your way. Preparing a lunch ain’t a Herculean task. 😛 Cook her something different from your regular meals, and she would appreciate it nevertheless. She’d be happy enough to know you realize her efforts, and you’re trying to be responsible. I cooked up a lunch for us last Sunday and it actually felt good. 🙂 Better still, keep one favorite of hers on the menu. There will be no ends to her delight!
- Complete a chore that she has been long waiting on – If there’s this dusty old bookcase waiting to be cleaned, or the kitchen needs a thorough cleaning, do it on her behalf and let her rest her ageing bones. Try arranging her wardrobe and doing the laundry for a day. Believe me she will be so relieved! But please do take sufficient rest before your working week starts, else you may feel drained. Cleaning is a lot of exercise and most of us rarely do it. Also try to lend a helping hand to your mother next time she puts on her cleaning hat. She will appreciate your help even though she may never actually ask for it. Ah mothers are so caring now, aren’t they? 🙂
- Arrange and prepare her beauty regime – Peek into her beauty stash, and sort her beauty essentials. Chances are she seldom gets time to arrange her own vanity with her family ruling her priority list. Dispose off the products that she rarely uses and those that are expired. Additionally, you can even stack up some new beauty products and organize her skin care regime. Include some sheet masks, or some face masks from TBS, handcrafted soaps, a rich body cream, a rose water or an alcohol-free toner, possibly a serum and a hydrating face cream. You are at your own free will to customize it as you want. 🙂 Try including two or more good lip colors too. She may already have her own set of tried and tested products, but go for an upgrade. She will love your efforts. I got this gift box for her last week and she’s loving it. 🙂
- Send across some love – For those of you living away from your parents, you can always send across a thoughtful gift once in a while. I talk about physical gifts here and not gift vouchers. She will know you think of her and that is no less a pampering. 🙂 Wrap your gift up nicely and place a handwritten note telling her that you think of her every single day, head over to a courier service and get it dispatched! You know what’s even better? A handwritten letter to go with the gift. 🙂
- Let her exhibit some self-love – If you’re always on the run and even weekends run busy, go ahead and buy her a day at the parlor, or perhaps a spa voucher? 😀 Stay back and complete your work, and let her enjoy her day. You can even cook up a meal for her while she’s away, or take her for a dine-out later in the evening to preserve her freshly manicured nails. Believe me, she will feel like a queen!
- Only just a gesture matters – When nothing fits the bill, do something for her more frequently. Wake up before her and greet her to a cup of tea and freshly prepared breakfast, or bring her some flowers to light up her otherwise monotonous day. Accompany her for a her morning walk and have fresh fruit juice together. Sometimes it’s all in a gesture. 🙂
This list isn’t exhaustive but I hope you found it helpful. 🙂 You can don your own creative hat and think of many more ways to show her some love and some pampering that she deserves. Shower her with a lot of love, and spend time with her. Keep aside your phones and remotes, and catch up on a chit chat. Know her concerns and ask for advice. Share a laugh and cherish every moment. We love our mums and they need to know that too! 🙂
So what are you doing next for your mother? Let me know in the comments below!