Hi everyone! Hope you’re having a great time with all the festivities around.
The driest months of the year are here, and we need to invest that extra time to keep our skin and hairs healthy. My hair particularly needs a lot of care at this time because – dandruff, and subsequent hair fall. I have naturally fine hair, which struggles with dandruff during this time of the year. Last year the Juicy Chemistry Lemon, Peppermint & Rosemary Hair Serum came to my rescue. And this year I have been resorting to the Satthwa Premium Hair Oil.
Now like every other hair product that I review, this product has seen its waiting. 😀 I accentuate it with hair products from Aroma Essentials at times, and have used it in ways more than one.
About Satthwa Hair Oil :
The Satthwa Premium Hair Oil is a blend of many nourishing oils and Vitamin E. Check what the brand has to say about this:
“This hair oil is a blend of 9 different oils which is basically a superfood for your hair & scalp.
Contains Omega 6 & 9, Iron, Calcium, Magnesium and rare Vitamin K from Sweet Almond oil.
Ricinoleic acid from Castor oil which makes hair darker and stops premature greying.
Has Lauric acid from Extra Virgin Coconut oil.
Jojoba oil which is Anti-fungal & cleanses the scalp by unclogging pores.
Vitamin E contains d-alpha Tocopherol.
Amla oil which is rich in Vitamin C.
Grapeseed oil which delays skin aging.
Emu oil stimulates dormant hair follicles and helps in new hair growth.
Extra Virgin Olive oil treats dry and damaged hair.”
I am really glad that Satthwa has taken the initiative to educate its users with the nitty-gritty of its product. So now you know what you are giving your scalp, and how or whether it is going to work for you. 🙂
How I use it:
- The most common use is the most conventional one. I apply it on my scalp and hairs, concentrating on the ends and the roots, and leave it overnight.
- Sometimes I add two drops of rosemary or tea tree essential oil to it and then apply to my scalp.
- I have also used it at the ends of my hairs before an hour or two before shampooing, to prevent formation of split ends. Our hairs suffer a lot of friction with woolen clothes in winters, resulting in static electricity causing flyaways and frizz. Hence the little extra care.
What I love about this product :
- The very convenient and classy packaging – a transparent plastic bottle with flip-top cap and detailed ingredient list on the back of the label. The bottle feels quite sturdy to store and use.
- The lightweight texture – This is a yellow colored liquid with a runny consistency, and doesn’t sit heavy on my hairs. Yes it is an oil and it feels nourishing, but doesn’t make my hairs feel overly greasy. I love how despite being loaded with a so many different oils, it has a very comfortable formula. So leaving it overnight without fretting to stain your pillows is awesome!
- A little goes a long way – I don’t need a lot of this oil to slather on my hair for a little of this is enough for my fine hairs.
- The versatility – there are numerous ways you can use this hair oil. I only just mentioned 3. 😛
- The nourishment – Undoubtedly it nourishes my hairs and helps control frizz to quite some extent. Thanks to this my hair ends haven’t been freaking out with splits. 😀 I believe it’s the E.V. Olive and Almond oils weaving their magic in there.
- The ease of washing – It is very easy to wash off from the hairs, even with mild shampoos. 🙂
- The claims it stands true to – I have experienced significantly less hair fall on using the Satthwa Premium Hair Oil. It also controls dandruff to a great extent. However, in order to see long-term effects, you have to use it consistently. Because that’s the thumb rule to get the best from any good product that works.
- The absence of chemicals and artificial colorants – Yes, this oil is 100% vegan and free from parabens, or any added chemicals for that matter. It contains just the raw goodness of the 9 oils. And devoid of artificial colors as well. Isn’t that amazing?
The effects are more prominent when I’m using it on a regular basis, so I have added this to my regular hair care regimen, using it around 2-3 times in a week. I haven’t experienced new hair growth yet, but it certainly helps in maintaining what I naturally possess. The infusion of so many oils in this also makes it a good base for any essential oil that you might want to add for a targeted solution.
I have used it on my brother as well, and he noticed a drastic reduction in hair fall in just two uses. He had been suffering from severe hair fall problem and dandruff, and complaining frequently because of this. I’m always skeptical and do not draw conclusions easily, but on my brother this has worked really well.:) But like I said, you have to use it regularly. And you never know, the goodness from this oil may actually stimulate your hair follicles and help grow baby hairs in the long run.
At times when I’m going all vegan, I don’t want to apply a conditioner. Instead prefer oiling my hair generously the night before, and wash off with a mild shampoo. Believe me this oil prevents my hairs going haywire. But if you have really thick and frizzy hairs, you may not want to skip a conditioner. I think you can also do a hot-oil treatment with the Satthwa oil. I have been lazy throughout winter, so couldn’t try it for myself.:P But this should work great in any way you want to use it.
Satthwa has been making this oil since 2016, and has been doing it really well. It is a bit pricey at INR 599 for 100 ml, but I think it does live up to its claims to a great extent. Of course you have to be regular and religious about your hair and skincare regimen, drink plenty of water and maintain a good diet, beside incorporating the best products in your daily routine. Everything in conjunction gives you the glow you want to bask in!
The Final Verdict :
The Satthwa Premium Hair Oil has so far worked great on me. I have particularly found help with my dandruff with this oil. It has reduced my hair fall, but I haven’t yet experienced new hair growth with this. This hair oil is also free from parabens and other chemicals, and 100% vegan. Overall I’m quite satisfied with the product, and would recommend this to anyone having common hair concerns, particularly during winters. 🙂
My Rating – 4.5/5
If you like what you read, you can also follow me on my social media handles : @ambersityblog on Instagram and @AmbersityBlog on Facebook for more updates. See you soon on my next post. Till then, enjoy the new year’s eve and stay tuned!
P.S.: The product has been sent by the brand for consideration.