Hi everyone! I have been daring myself to wear purple lips for quite some time now. 😀 When MAC released the Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection, I grabbed the Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor in Flamingo Road from Kabuki’s creations. I have been wanting to wear it ever since. Given the bold dash of color that Flamingo Road is, I decided to go little subtle for the rest of the face.
The Complete Breakdown :
Wearing the royal color needs quite some dare, and I’m so much of a pink, peach and coral person when it comes to lippies. And of course red. I love the cult Ruby Woo, and that’s that. For a daily-wear red, I love The Body Shop’s Sydney Amaryllis. But I also enjoy wearing a plum or purple every once in a while. Dark, vampy lip colors are so much fun if you can pair them up suitably. 🙂 But of course I haven’t had the heart to try NYX SMLC in Transylvania. Uh no. I can’t make that work. Or maybe I’m yet to try. 😛
For this particular look, I contoured my cheeks using the Maybelline V-face duo stick in Medium to Dark. I have been quite enjoying this product ever since I got my hands on it. It’s so easy to use and blends like a dream. Although it ain’t that powerful to give your face a perfectly chiseled look, it does its job quite well in slimming down the face. I will do a full review on the product on the blog. 🙂 I used colors from the L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Blush in Glam for my cheeks. The bronzer to enhance the contours, and the light pink blush on the apples of the cheeks. Also used the highlighter shade from the same palette on the high of cheekbones.
On my eyes I used shades from The Body Shop Down To Earth Eyeshadow Quad in Brown – Oregon Sunstone (1) all over the lid, Idaho Jasper (4) on the outer corner, Sienna Dust (3) in the inner corners of the eyes to highlight, and Peru Clay (2) on the crease. I wanted to do a look using this eyeshadow quad, and this warm-neutral palette was a perfect pair with purple. 🙂 I layered the colors over MAC Diane Kendal Glamourize Me Creme Eyeshadow Palette. Since I were to wear a shimmery Idaho Jasper on my eyes, I used creme shadow Dynamic from Diane’s Palette as a base. The colors showed up pretty well, and I was quite satisfied with the results.
On my lashes I used MAC Work It Out In Extreme Dimension Mascara Squat It, Sugar. This one’s a brown shade that doesn’t show up very well on my black eyelashes, but I love the curl and volume it imparts to my lashes. 🙂 theBalm Mr.Write (Now) in shade Bill B. Mocha has been used to tightline the eyes.
As base products, I used Colorbar Perfect match Primer after moisturising my skin. For foundation I used The Body Shop Fresh Nude Cushion Foundation in Malawi Beach, I must say I thoroughly enjoy using its lightweight formula. Also used L’oreal Paris True Match Concealer in N6-7-8 (Medium/Deep). Finally topped it all with my favorite Clinique Blended Face Powder in shade #04.
To sum up, the following products have been used to create the look :
- Colorbar Perfect match Primer
- The Body Shop Fresh Nude Cushion Foundation in Malawi Beach
- L’oreal Paris True Match Concealer in N6-7-8 (Medium/Deep)
- Clinique Blended Face Powder in shade #04
- Maybelline V-face duo stick in Medium to Dark – to contour
- L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Blush in Glam – bronzer, blush and highlighter
- MAC Diane Kendal Glamourize Me Creme Eyeshadow Palette – Dynamic as a base
- The Body Shop Down To Earth Eyeshadow Quad in Brown – all four shades (shade #1 all over lid, shade #4 on outer corner, shade #3 as highlighter in inner corner, shade #2 on the crease as transition shade)
- theBalm Mr.Write (Now) in shade Bill B.Mocha – to tightline the eyes
- MUA Ultimate Pro-Brow Kit – for the brows and highlighting the brow bone
- MAC Work It Out In Extreme Dimension Mascara Squat It, Sugar
- MAC Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection Retro Matte Liquid Lip Color in Flamingo Road
This is a look you can opt for in evening parties. Purple lips can be gorgeously worn in the fall season. So try breaking some boundaries, and flaunt the color that you’ve been wishlisting for so long! 🙂
So what do you think about this look? Are you going to try out a look with a vampy lip anytime soon? ;)Which one’s on your list? Talk to me in the comments below!