Hi everyone! I always find makeup palettes so useful. I only recently talked about my love for palettes in my review post for MAC Diane Kendal Glamourize Me. They are compact, and easy to carry around. And I get multi-functional uses from them. 🙂 So it’s almost because I can do the most part of a look from one product that I find palettes so convenient. Few months back, I got my hands on the L.A. Girl Beauy Brick Blush palette and have been using it for quite sometime now. It is available in four variants – Pinky, Glow, Spice and Glam. I got the one in Glam. 🙂
Product Description :
A gorgeous blush palette – L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Blush pairs two blush shades with a coordinated bronzer and highlighter that instantly contour with complimentary shades and blendable color in both matte and shimmery finishes for multidimensional color.
- Each luxurious, glossy book includes a mirror inside.
- Perfect for all skin types.
- It is suitable for women.
- Both shimmery and matte shades are available.
- It is a cruelty and paraben free product.
- Complimentary shades are available that are suited for every occasion.
- It is suitable for all skin types.
- Apply desired blush shade to apples of cheeks and lightly blend across cheekbones.
- Use bronzer in hollows of cheeks to contour or on forehead and chin for a sun-kissed look.
- Lightly sweep highlighter on top of cheekbones, brow bones and nose bridge to enhance features.
- Blend for a natural look.
I bought it from Nykaa (no prizes for guessing 😀 ), while a discount was running on the site. It otherwise retails for INR 999 for 22g of colors.
My Overview of the Product :
The packaging is a sleek, no-fuss black palette box with a see-through panel. It has a magnetic closure and a transparent film over the colors as an extra precaution. The unique part of this palette is that, each of the colors has engraved over it whether it is a blush, bronzer or highlighter! With continuous use however, the engravings level down and may not be visible with time. Instructions and ingredients are printed on the backside of the palette.
The L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Blush has two powder blushes, one bronzer and one highlighter. The texture is a smooth powdery and not chalky, with good pigmentation.
- Blush 1 – This one is the darker of the two blushes in the palette, a darker shade of pink. It is a matte blush without any shimmers. It shows up pretty nicely on my NC 40 complexion with just one swirl of my blusher brush. This is more suitable for evening parties and functions.
- Blush 2 – A peachy pink blush with warmer undertones, has very fine shimmers. The shimmers are not chunky and the overall finish is subtle enough to wear even in daytime. The pigmentation is decent and you can build it up at your discretion. 🙂 This shade looks very subtle and gives that healthy, just-pinched glow to the cheeks when used sparingly. However may one build it up, this shade won’t make one look OTT. 🙂
- Bronzer – This is the love of mine in this palette! The color is so pretty, a perfect find for me. It is also a matte powder sans any shimmer. This is a tad dark on me to be used as a bronzer, but girl, this looks so amazing when used for contouring! It has an intense color pay-off and I use it along the hollows of my cheeks and the hairline, sometimes on its own, and sometimes over the Maybelline V-face Duo Contour Stick (review coming soon 🙂 ). It gives a nice subtle lift to my cheekbones on my otherwise round face. 🙂
- Highlighter – This is a champagne-hued highlighter packed with shimmers. Again the shimmers are very fine and will never make one look OTT. I use it on the inner corner of my eyes, along the bridge of my nose and under the brow bone. Since I have an oily-combination skin with a few big pores, I use the highlighter along the tip of my cheekbones only sometimes. It blends beautifully with my skin tone giving that soft, dewy glow to the face. If you dare, you may even try using it all over the face but with a careful hand. 🙂
The ones with shimmers feel velvetty and glide on easily with each brush stoke. The matte ones have more pigment and a longer staying power. All the colors in L.A. Girl Glam Beauty Brick Blush have an average staying power of 4-5 hours. However longevity is affected with rising humidity.
I can do a full face look from this multi-functional palette. The bronzer pairs beautifully with either of the blushes depending on the look that you want to create, and the highlighter is the cherry on top. The experimental me can use the blushes on the eyelids too if needed. 🙂 I can tell you they will look quite decent, even as eye shadows. 🙂
The Final Verdict :
The L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Blush in Glam is an easy-to-use and handy palette with a good quantity of the products. You only just need the right makeup tools. 🙂 The Glam blush brick gives me the liberty to create any look from a soft, natural one to the one that is gorgeous. I love the colors, the payoff and the ultra-fine shimmers. I tend to stay away from shimmers given my skin type, the weather and the few large pores that I have, but this palette doesn’t scare me off. 🙂 My favorite from the Glam blush brick is the bronzer. However, the only problem I have with the this palette is that it contains parabens. Otherwise, this is a pretty good buy particularly if you happen to get it for a few bucks less. Keep an eye out for this, Nykaa keeps giving pretty good offers from time to time! 🙂
My Rating : 4.75/5
Have you tried any of the L.A. Girl’s Beauty Brick Blushes?