Hi everyone! I had promised a series of posts pertaining to the ongoing festive season. So many of us have a day job these days (so do I), so we do not exactly have the luxury to experiment with our looks and style most of the times. I get that feeling when I want to use the wonderful products stashed away in my vanity, yet have to wait for a suitable occasion to wear them.
However with the jubilant festivities all around, why not pick up a subtle something from your dresser and light up a mundane day at work? Use a product that you would not use on any common day, and make yourself feel special for all the hard work you do? Well of course, it is not always possible when we are running short of time. But hey, give yourself a break and with only a few minutes more, you can transform your look and feel so good about it! After all, when do you use the amazing beauty products you bought for yourself, if not during festivals?
So I have three very easy looks for you that you can wear for office. And an easy from-day-to-night look as well, for those times when you have to catch up on events straight from office. 🙂
Look 1 :
This look is a minimalist one and aims to give a fresh face. I mostly used cosmetics that are closer to the skin tone for this look.
What you need :
- A light to medium coverage foundation, or a BB cream, whichever suits you. I would prefer a light-to-medium coverage foundation for this purpose. I used The Body Shop Fresh Nude Cushion Foundation – Malawi Beach.
- Concealer – I used the L’Oreal Paris True Match Concealer (I love this concealer to bits). If your concealer is good enough, you can skip your foundation too, for a fresh faced no makeup look.
- A good eyebrow product– When you are going light on makeup, it’s important to draw your eyebrows well, as the brows define your face so well. 🙂 I use the darkest shade from my go-to MUA Pro-Brow Ultimate Eyebrow Kit to fill them brows.
- A copper/brown eyeshadow. Now here is the tricky part. This is majorly going to be a mono-eyeshadow look, so choose your eyeshadow wisely and according to your comfort level. I have used a shimmery copper shadow – Malibu Bronze from MAC Caitlyn Jenner collection. This is a veluxe pearl formula, extremely comfortable to wear without going OTT, and I already talked about how versatile this can be. 🙂
- The Body Shop Down To Earth Eyeshadow Quad in Brown – for the crease, and highlighting inner corners of the eyes.
- A setting powder – I used Clinique Blended face powder in 04M.
- A peachy/coral powder blush – I used the Studio West Maaya Radiance blush in this look.
- A nude lipstick – I used 01 Nude Spice from the Nykaa Paintstix collection.
After you prep your face well (your regular CTM routine + a sunscreen), start off with the look. First I used Malibu Bronze all over my lid and on my lower lash line, and used the matte brown from The Body Shop Down To Earth Eyeshadow Quad in Brown in my crease. Filled in my eyebrows, and used the highlighter from the same TBS palette on the brow bones and inner corners of my eyes. Then applied my concealer under my eyes, and to conceal the nasty blemishes left behind by pimples. (I hate that so much, wish I had a flawless skin!) Followed it up with the The Body Shop Fresh Nude Cushion Foundation in the shade Malawi Beach, and set everything with powder.
To add a light splash of color, I used the blush on my cheekbones, and finished off with the Nykaa Painstix Nude Spice. Here is the final look :
Please note, I used a damp sponge to blend in my concealer, and used the same sponge to also set my under-eyes ans T-zone, since it tends to get oily over the day. Used a powder brush to apply the powder on the rest of the face. Also, you can skip the highlighter part entirely. Similarly you can add some mascara OR a kajal. Need not do both if you’re opting for a minimalist look.
Look 2 :
This is similar to the previous one, but I have skipped the blush here. And added a little drama to the lips and eyes.
What you need :
- Everything from look 1 except 7 and 8.
- A rosy lip color – I used another favorite shade for this.:) the Bobbi Brown Art Stick Liquid Lip in English Rose. This lip color can be worn sheer or can be built up.
- A kajal – you can use your everyday wear kajal for this. I used my go-to Lakme Eyeconic for this look.
- A mascara – you don’t a very dramatic one primarily because this look is aimed for wearing at office. I used the Essence Lash Mania False Lash mascara which I received in My Envy Box January edition. This is such an amazing mascara, it just adds the right amount of volume to the lashes and doesn’t clump together. Love this one. 🙂
For this look, you can skip the blush altogether, and add a bit of drama to the eyes. Line your lower lash line with the kajal. Switch from a nude lipstick to a colorful one. You can wear a pink or coral as well, but I prefer a dusty rose shade because… festivities call for some colors, don’t they! Here is the completed look :
Look 3 :
This is my favorite look of the three. I skipped the blush and again used a nude on my lips. But this time, not a matte lip rather a glossy one. 😀
what I Used :
- Everything from look 2 except the lip color.
- MAC Tricolor Lip Gloss in Stratagloss Pyrite – from MAC James Kaliardos Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection : Love how plump and glossy this looks on my lips. The very fine shimmers in the peachy-pink gloss imparts a rich,succulent look to the lips without going OTT. Again so perfect for a daytime look.
- Nykaa Get Inked felt tip liner that I also used in my post here. You can use any other black liner, liquid, gel or felt-tip for this.
With the Malibu Bronze on my lids, I took the 4th shade from the TBS eyeshadow quad to darken the outer corner of my eyes. Then used the Nykaa Get Inked liner for the upper lash line. I love how easy it is to use. Will try to do a complete review on it soon. Finished the look with a generous dose of Stratagloss Pyrite on the lips. Since it is a tricolor lip gloss, the resultant is a fusion of all the elements in the three layers of the product. I have reviewed it here. But you can use any gloss with just a hint of color, or a clear gloss as well for this look.
Here is the complete look :
You can actually transform the looks 2 and 3 into an evening wear by switching to pretty colorful lips, because the rest of the face makeup is neutral enough to carry off a stunner pair of lips. 🙂 Like I just amped up my day wear look with NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo. I love this gorgeous bluish red that is a must-have for me in the festive season.
Hope you enjoyed the post. 🙂 Which was your favorite look among the three? Talk to me in the comments below!