Hi everyone! Wish you all a very happy and blessed Diwali. You must be at your festive best and so must be your homes. 🙂 I’ve been juggling quite a lot between work, home and my blog. I actually did shoots for two posts in a day. Whew! Kinda exhausting, but I enjoy it so much.
Today I will share with you my favorite lippies for this festive season. I have my favorites from bot high-end and drugstore, and lippies with different textures. Since it’s autumn and festive, most of my favorites are richer hues, but I do have a few subtle neutrals as well. Please note that the list is a random order of my favorites, and it is not in any order of preference. 🙂
- Colorbar Feel The Rain Xposed Lipcolor Duo – 01 CloudBurst : This is a rich burgundy shade with dual textures. A matte lipstick on one end, and a clear gloss on the other to transform the finish to a glossy one. The shade is such a perfect addition for the fall edition. 🙂 I have reviewed it here.
- Lakme Absolute Argan Oil Lipstick -Smooth Merlot : This one is a burnt caramel shade, with red undertones, and combined with its rich creamy formula, is an absolute bliss during dry weather. Perfect for those looking for a color that’s not too rich, yet not too nude. A preferable brown. I particularly like its formula. Check out the full review here.
- The Body Shop Matte Lip Liquid – Sydney Amaryllis : What are celebrations without a dash of red? I love this beautiful orange-based red from The Body Shop. The matte formula is amazing too. Find its review here.
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream – Monte Carlo : This shade has its place of honor in the beauty world. I cannot describe in easy words how much I love this stunning color. It is primarily a red with strong blue undertones. Absolute love.
- MAC Viva Glam Taraji P. Henson Lipglass : Now the festival of lights call for some glitter and sparkle. And MAC has got me covered on this one! This lipglass from MAC is a pretty fuchsia with fine pink shimmer. A lot of pink never does a girl harm now, does it? Stunner of a shade, this one. Find the complete review here.
- MAC James Kaliardos Tri Color Lip Glass – Stratagloss Pyrite : This again has all the sparkle and shimmer, but in a peachy nude undertone. I have reviewed this exclusive gloss from the MAC Makeup Artists collection here. Another love, and I use it across looks. Mostly over bare lips ’cause I so love the gloss on its own, and at other times over a lip color to which I wish add some more drama. 🙂 I have also used this shade in my previous post, wherein I did 3 festive office makeup looks.
- Bobbi Brown Art Stick Liquid Lip – English Rose : A dusty, rosy pink, that is one of those rare shades I can wear both in the daytime and at night. Find the review here. Used it in my previous post as well.
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream – Cannes : NYX SMLCs are one of my all-time favorites, and this pinky nude is sheer love. I cannot even start on its versatility. I love pairing it up with a smoky eye, or a simple LOTD. Love the formula hands down. 🙂
- Estée Lauder Pure Color Love Lipstick – Hot Streak : A warm orange-red, leaning more towards orange than red, this is a stunner of a shade! I love wearing this on its own, or create an ombre, or my favorite two-toned lips alongwith a shade in the same color family. The Ultra Matte formula only adds to the gorgeousness without being excessively drying. I have reviewed it here.
- Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip and Cheek Color – Plum Feather : What’s fall without some plum? Not too dark, yet has enough drama to set your look on the right path. The comfortable formula and the bright color is another of my festive favorites this year. Check out the review here.
Hope you enjoyed the post. So which shade did you love the most? Which is your favorite shade this Diwali? Talk to me in the comments below!