Hello everybody! Summers are almost here and humidity would soon catch up. I am in a spree to get products on board that would soothe and relax my skin. One such product is The Face Shop Fresh Jeju Lotus Soothing Gel that I picked up from Nykaa when they launched the brand few weeks back.
Product Description :
This is what I found on Nykaa about the product –
A moisture-rich soothing gel that contains aloe extract from Jeju Island, the Jeju Lotus Soothing Gel by Faceshop is your utlimate beauty bet. Enriched with the goodness of Lotus, this gel from Jeju Island is made of 99% aloe leaf extract and also contains nine ingredients extracted from natural plants. Known for its medicinal properties, Lotus moisturizes and softens the skin. It can also be used as a face mask or for after-sun care. Its formula immediately relieves irritated skin after sun exposure.Here’s to superb skin ladies!
- The rich essence of Lotus moisturizes and softens the skin.
- This product is dermatologically tested.
- Created to give you a gorgeous Korean beauty experience.
And this is what the product packaging says –
Fresh Lotus Soothing Gel is made up of clear, glass like beads that contain lotus flower extracts from Jeju island. This multipurpose gel protects against harmful environmental aggressors, soothes tired skin and can be used daily or after sun exposure.
Formula without 5 additives : parabens, tar-colorant, mineral oil, talc, paraffin.
Apply a generous amount to dry, sensitive parts of the face and body.
The Face Shop Fresh Jeju Lotus Soothing Gel is available for INR 490 for 285ml on nykaa.com.
My Overview of the Product :
The Face Shop Fresh Jeju Lotus Soothing Gel comes in a sturdy plastic jar (frustum of a cone, anyone? 😉 ), with a screw lid. The print on the jar tries to capture the idea of a blossoming lotus which I find quite pretty. The product itself is a clear and transparent gel that has a jelly-like texture. There’s also a secondary protective pull-up covering beneath the screw lid and this is necessary because of the consistency of the gel. The packaging is quite nice, however it is not travel friendly because of the quantity of the product and its texture.
The Face Shop Lotus Gel has a very refreshing, mild floral fragrance that I quite prefer. I use the gel in the following ways :
- As a moisturizer – And I daresay this product is excellent in that aspect. It feels so cool right on application, is lightweight, and seeps in almost immediately post mild massage. It is a pleasure to use after sun exposure. And I use it almost everyday after returning home. The lotus gel relieves any dryness and soothes tired, burning skin. The fragrance along with its skin-cooling and moisturizing effects, helps in relaxing and calming. I also use it beneath my sunscreen or BB cream as a base, and I love it every way.
- In face masks – Yes! The innovative ( 😛 ) in me had a dollop of The Face Shop Lotus gel in the face mask as a solvent. I did need a good amount, but I just could not resist the tranquil effect that it gives my skin. I do remember the face mask felt very soothing that evening. 🙂
- On the body – I used it as a body moisturizer post bath, and the moisturizing effects lasted around 5-6 hours. I did already imply that I tend to reach out for this gel every time I seek to ease irritation or burning sensation on my skin. It is so amazing to slather it over the exposed parts of the body because it tames the irritation and eases it rightaway.
Although it can be used as a face mask on its own, but I did not feel the need to use it as one. Of late I have quite a few face masks including TBS Superfood ones (read The Body Shop Superfood Himalayan Charcoal Mask and The Body Shop Superfood Amazonian Acai Mask), and sheet masks, so kinda spared The Face Shop Lotus Gel. 😛 Also using as a face mask means using a lot of the product and I do want this to last more. 🙂 Furthermore, I don’t quite like the idea of washing this off because of the calming effects it has on my skin. Now talking of calming and soothing, these effects do not last as long as the moisturizing effect does. But that’s okay with me. The Face Shop Lotus Soothing Gel does not make my T-zone greasy and feels comfortable enough on my oily-combination skin.
The Final Verdict :
The Face Shop Fresh Jeju Lotus Soothing Gel is an impressive skin care product that caters to multiple needs. Although it does not provide noticeable long-term effects (the humble product doesn’t claim so as well), but certainly fares well in short-term ones. 🙂 The best and immediate effect can be noticed in the way it instantly relieves tired skin, while providing adequate hydration. I only wish the cooling effect lasted a little longer. Moreover, it is devoid of parabens and I find its texture so adorable too! I have heard rave reviews of the aloe vera gel, but the lotus one got me more interested. Lotus is known to control sebum and soothe skin, so I was really tempted to give this a try. Jeju island in Korea is said to have a healthy ecosystem, so natural ingredients sourced from there are considered good for the skin and body.
Overall, I love The Face Shop Lotus Gel and planning to try out its Aloe Vera one next. I think this gel is an absolute must have in your tropical summer kitty, more so because you don’t need to break your banks to possess one!